We are open every Saturday from
10am to 2pm or by appointment.

Phone: (618) 222-9430

Labor & Industry Museum
123 North Church St.
Belleville, Illinois 62220

Get Printer Friendly Page

Labor & Industry Museum - Belleville, Illinois History

The foyer of 123 N. Church St. is ablaze with an original gaslight fixture. The 87 pieces were taken apart, cleaned and reassembled by contractor, Fred Engel. The original walnut staircase, which was partially removed when the upper floor was walled off, has also been restored.

Fred "Ike" Engel has persevered in the restoration of the museum building, which covers four building dates between 1837 and 1913.

Gaslight fixture donated by Fred Engel.

Previous | | Next

What's Happening | Collection Samples | Learning Center | Other Resources | Annex | Museum Store | Map | Volunteer | Membership | Web Weavers | Credits | Site map

Historical information for this web site has been pulled from public records and archives available at the Belleville Public Library Reference Department.

Site Designed by George Bassler